1.1. The 46th Kyiv International Film Festival «Molodist» will be held in Kyiv during the period of October 22-30, 2016.
1.2. The Festival has been established by «Molodist» foundation.
1.3. Festival is a part of the list of specialized film festivals, accredited by FIAPF and has such aims as:
• to analyze the main trends and tendencies in the work of young filmmakers around the world;
• to establish and broaden creative contacts between young filmmakers and between film schools;
• to recognize new personalities in modern film art;
• to integrate Ukrainian films into the global process of film art and industry;
• to develop Kyiv as the cultural capital of Europe.
2. Sections of the festival and eligibility of films
Films that have been screened in Ukraine are ineligible for submission to any program of Kyiv International Film Festival «Molodist».
2.1. International Competition program
2.1.1. International Competition program consists of three categories:
• student films (less than 45’)
• first professional short (fiction, animation, documentary) films (less than 45')
• first professional full-length fiction films (60' or more)
2.1.2. All films produced after the January 1, 2014 at professional studios or film schools are eligible for submission to the program.
2.1.3. Submitted films to Student and Short categories will be considered in case of presence of 35mm film print or DCP or BluRay or HD digital files as a screening media.
2.1.4. Submitted films to Full-length categorie will be considered in case of presence of 35mm film print or DCP as a screening media.
2.2. National Competition program of short films
2.2.1. Short films (fiction, animation, documentary) produced in Ukraine (or in co-production with Ukraine) after January 1, 2015 (any media) are eligible for submission to the program.
2.2.2. Films that have been screened in Ukraine are eligible for submission to the program.
2.3. Competitive program «Molodist for Kids»
2.3.1. Full-length films (fiction, animation) produced after January 1, 2015 (any media) are eligible for submission to the program.
2.4. Competitive program «Sunny Bunny»
2.4.1. Queer themed full-length films (fiction, animation, documentary) produced after January 1, 2015 (any media) are eligible for submission to the program.
2.5. Non-competition section
The festival also has a non-competition section which represents selections of the latest films from a certain country or region, productions of film schools, thematic programs, retrospectives, and special events.
3. Entry and Selection
3.1. Each film received by the Festival needs to have English-language subtitles as well as detailed documentation in English, including:
• synopsis of the film
• biography and filmography of the director
• cast/crew and technical information
• stills from the film (digital hi-res images (hi-res JPEG)
• photos of the director (digital hi-res images (hi-res JPEG)
• dialogue lists in English
3.2. No entry fee is necessary.
3.3. Festival doesn’t return an entry-form, preview-DVD of film or accompanied documentation (excluding special agreements).
3.4. Film submission starts February 1, 2016. Deadline for film submission is July 1, 2016.
3.5. Films will be selected by a Selection Committee, appointed by the Board of Directors.
3.6. Selection Committee will announce its decision during the period of September 1-20, 2016.
4. Festival Obligations
4.1. Festival films will be insured the amount of their print value by the festival. Insurance coverage takes effect from the registration of the film's arrival in Kyiv until they are handed over to a forwarding agent for return dispatch.
4.2. Festival guarantees the right presentation of the film in all informational issues that will be distributed during the Festival such as catalogue, program, web-site etc.
4.3. Festival guarantees to participant that no film selected to the festival’s program will be screened before its official presentation.
4.4. Festival has obligation to prevent all film materials from screen capture and piracy during selection process and screenings according to FIAPF standards (Chapter IV, article 8 of the Regulations for International Film Festivals).
5. Festival Rights
5.1. The Festival will not pay screening fees for the films selected to International and National Competition program.
5.2. Festival does not inform applicants about the reasons of rejection of the application
5.3. Festival has the right of 3 screenings of the films of the official competition program. Number of screenings of films of alternative competition sections as well as non-competition sections coordinates with the rights holder.
5.4. Films selected for student or short international competition sections could be screened within the borders of the noncommercial presentational programs of the festival at the territory of Ukraine during the period of 2015-2016 in case of author’s (rightholder’s) approval mentioned in the completed entry-form.
5.5. Films selected for National competition section could be screened within the borders of the noncommercial presentational programs of the festival overseas during the period of 2015-2016 in case of author’s (rightholder’s) approval mentioned in the completed entry-form.
6. Shipping of the prints (SELECTED FILMS)
6.1. Please send the materials and prints to:
Molodist International Film Festival
16 Lavrska Str.
Kyiv 01015 Ukraine
Detailed information about delivery of the films or preview DVDs please find at official «Shipping Instructions». Delivery of the films or preview DVDs to the festival is paid by sender.
6.2. Return shipment of the film prints is paid by festival.
6.3. Deadline for sending film prints back to the owner is November 20, 2016.
7.1. The Board of Directors forms an International Jury which awards the films of International Competition program and operates according to the Regulations for International Film Festivals by FIAPF as well as Regulations of Kyiv International Film Festival «Molodist».
7.2. National Competition program has its own jury
7.3. Competitive program «Molodist for Kids» has its own kid’s jury
7.4. Competitive program «Sunny Bunny» has its own jury
7.5. FIPRESCI, FICC and Ecumenical juries as well as other juries can be also presented at the festival.
• Grand Prix for the Best film of International Competition program (10 000 USD and the statuette «The Scythian Deer»)
• Prize for the Best film in each category of International Competition program (2 500 USD and the statuette «The Scythian Deer»)
• Prize for the Best film of National Competition program (2 500 USD and the statuette «The Scythian Deer»)
• Award of Jury of Competitive program «Molodist for Kids»
• Award of Jury of Competitive program «Sunny Bunny»
• Festival diplomas.
8.2. Other awards:
• Lifetime-achievement prize from Board of Directors (statuette «The Scythian Deer»)
• Audience prize (statuette «The Scythian Deer»)
• FIPRESCI jury prize (in case of its presence FIPRESCI jury)
• «Don Quihote» prize (in case of presence FICC jury)
• Ecumenical jury prize (in case of its presence on festival)
• International Fund «Ukraine 3000» prize for the significant contribution to the Ukrainian cinematography
Other non-regulation awards sponsored by private persons, organizations or institutions may be awarded with the approval of the Boards of Directors of the festival.
9. Invitation and Attendance
9.1. Directors, whose films have been selected for International full-length competition section, are invited as participants (travel expenses and 4 nights in hotel are covered by the festival).
9.2. Directors, whose films have been selected for International student or short International competition section are invited as participants (3 nights in hotel are covered by the festival).
9.3. Applications for accreditation as a guest or press must be received not later than September 20, 2016.
10. Promotion and advertising
The Board of Directors provides free advertizing and public information for festival films and organizations participating in the festival. Advertizing campaign of any other organizations or films is the subject of special agreement.
11. Non-specified cases
Cases not covered by these regulations will be considered directly by the festival organizers in compliance with the Regulations for International Film Festivals by FIAPF.